Message from Michael Ary, Director of Bands
I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend. Overall, our first football game was a success; well, at least our part that we could control. Thank you to all the parent volunteers for chaperoning, feeding, getting uniforms, and helping load/unload equipment. This week we have a Thursday night football game up at the Cy Fair Berry Center (Click here for itinerary). We’ll have another quick rehearsal right after school on Thursday, then get ready for the game. Friday after school we will have a rehearsal.
The UIL 8 hour rule starts this week, so we’re getting back into our usual 7 hour and 45 minutes of scheduled rehearsals (knowing we may go over by a minute or two any day).
Your student needs to stay on top of their homework this week. Thursday they can take their homework with them and work on it on the bus and we allow them to work on it in the stands as long as they are ready to play when needed.
Director of Bands
Message from Shakira Luna, Band Booster President
Marching season is now in full fledge! Our first football game (while a loss on the field) was a great success from the perspective of servicing our students. Thanks to all of the volunteers who came out to support JET Fuel, chaperones, uniforms, and loading crew. Let’s do it all again this Thursday!
Our general booster meeting is tonight, September 3rd at 7pm in the band hall. I hope to see many of you there. As we progress into the season, please be aware that you can see the work of our tireless photographers at any time by visiting the Jet Band website. Visit www.jetband.org, click on “Resources”, from the drop down menu click on “Photos”, on the photos page click on “Shutterfly” and enter the password “JETBandstudents” and you are in. If you click on pictures, you will see each album by title, click on the title and you will have access to all the photos in that album. The direct link to the Shutterfly site is https://thetaylorhighschoolexperience.shutterfly.com/.
We still have a few committee chair/coordinator positions available for anyone who would like to step up to a greater level of involvement. Click here to see the updated 2019-20 JET Band Booster Board. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested or have questions!
- Garage Sale
- Grocery Rebates
- Student Fundraising
- UIL/Region Band Volunteers
- Yard Signs
Band Activity Fee
Band Activity Fee payments are now being collected. Following the payment schedule, there are two ways to pay:
1. Place your check made out to JET Band Boosters into a sealed envelope, labeled “Student Activity Fee”, with your student’s name. Have your student place the envelope in the safe in the band hall.
2. Access your Charms account to pay via credit card. Go to www.jetband.org, click ‘Charms’ option;
- The user code will already be entered, then ‘Enter Charms’ to put in your password. The password will be your child’s ID unless you/your child personally changed the password on the account. Password resets will not be available until August.
- Click the red $ icon at top or the Wallet Icon on the bottom. Your Child’s Misc Financial Ledger will be visible
- Scroll down and there will be an option to “Make a Misc. Payment”.
All current payments that have been made towards the activity fee are shown as posted to your student’s account. The corresponding charge for the activity fee will be posted after school starts. Please email Treasurer@jetband.org with any questions.
TAYLOR HOMECOMING IS SEPTEMBER 20!
SO ORDER SOON!
This year, we have new specialty backers and several new trinkets to choose from. All of these are on display in our mum cart which will be on display in both the Main Commons and 9th Grade Commons during lunch on a rotating basis. Come by to get more information, pick up an order form, and/or place your order! Completed order forms can be turned in WITH PAYMENT during lunch at the mum display or placed in the box marked “MUM ORDERS” in the front office.
- Click here to download order forms and get more information.
- Click here to view the online image gallery.
- For those new to Homecoming Mums & Garters, follow the link for more information: What in the World are Mums?
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear Bag Policy
Click here for the Katy ISD clear bag policy which will be in effect at football games this year. Bags are available to purchase with the T-Band logo in our online shop at shop.jetband.org To pay by cash or check, include payment in an envelope labeled with student’s name and quantity requested of sling bags or square stadium bags.
Each student that uses a school instrument is to pay $80 per year, per instrument. The fee is an annual fee, regardless of the amount of time that the instrument is used. Payment can be made via check, made out to KISD along with the Maintenance Fee Agreement form, turned in to the band safe in a labeled envelope. Payment can also be made through Charms > RevTrak with a 2% processing fee. School code is JETaylorBand
The first round of polos, hats, and t-shirts have been delivered. There are a few remaining orders that can be picked up at the front of the band hall near Mr. Ary’s office. Please contact email@example.com any issues or questions.
We now have new spirit wear options available through two new online shops. Items in these shops will be shipped directly to you rather than being ordered as part of a group. These shops will be available throughout the year and 5% of each sale will go to the JET Band Student Assistance Fund to help provide for those students who may have a need for help with meeting the expense of participating in band and guard. Generous alumni parents have offered matching funds for donations to the JET Band Assistance Fund. If you’d like to help, you can donate in any amount by check made out to JET Band Boosters, in an envelope labeled “JET Band Assistance Fund”, dropped into the band safe.
- Sept. 3 – General Booster Mtg, 7pm in the band hall
- Sept. 4 – Cane’s Spirit Night
- Sept. 5 – Football game @ Cy Fair Berry Center vs. Cy-Springs
- Sept. 14 – Football game @ Legacy vs. Deer Park
- Sept. 20 – Homecoming football game @ Legacy vs. Dickinson
- Sept. 27 – Football game @ Legacy vs. Morton Ranch
- Sept. 28 – Friendswood Marching Contest
Click here to join the JET Band Booster Facebook page and to stay on top of all current and upcoming events.
JET Band Booster Organization