Message from Michael Ary, Director of Bands
Thank you to all the Booster volunteers that made the two Money Days run so smoothly!
We are now through with the grueling 8 hour days of Summer Band! Please make sure to continue to follow our Charms calendar as we have evening rehearsals for the remainder of this week, but then we go back to the morning on Saturday, back to the evening next Monday, and then back to the morning next Tuesday. Once school starts please help your student be organized and efficient with their time management skills. Even though the fall is most of our students’ busiest time of the year, it’s also the time of the year that most of them do their best academically because they have no choice but to stay on top of their work.
Our March-A-Thon season is upon us. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year. Our goal is for every student to bring in at least $50. This shouldn’t be the type of fundraiser where you just write a check and be done; there are a lot of ways to bring in money for the program. Some students solicit multiple donations from individuals, some find corporate sponsors, some sell concerts, and this year we’ve added the ability to sell 10 JET Band water bottles to reach the $50 goal. Please remember if we can exceed our budgetary goal on this fundraiser, that gives us the ability to reduce our final Band Fee.
Director of Bands
Message from Shakira Luna, Band Booster President
Thank you once again to all our volunteers who made our Money Days a success! Thanks as well to parents and students for your patience as we made adjustments to get everyone served as efficiently as possible. If you missed Money Day, please email email@example.com and plan to attend the booster meeting on August 6th along with your student. After the meeting, Jay Reese will be available to check off any gear that you own and take orders for gear that is needed. Use the sample gear forms (band and color guard) as a checklist to ensure that you are prepared to order whatever missing items your student may need.
I look forward to seeing everyone at our general booster meeting which will take place Tuesday, August 6th at 7pm in the band hall. The focus of our meeting will be March-A-Thon and our other upcoming events for the month of August including Mum sales, the Shaved Ice Showdown and our first football game.
Please join us for Spirit Night at Cane’s on Wednesday, August 7th from 2pm to 9pm! Some of the band will perform at the restaurant before their evening rehearsal. Be sure to mention JET Band and the specific student that you are supporting. The student with the most mentions will win a special gift from Cane’s.
Full information and easy sharing links are available here. https://www.raisingcanes.com/fundraiser/Taylor-JET-Band
We still have a few committee chair/coordinator positions available for anyone who would like to step up to a greater level of involvement. Click here to see the full 2019-20 JET Band Booster Board. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or have questions!
- Project Popsicles
- Garage Sale
- Grocery Rebates
- Student Fundraising
- UIL/Region Band Volunteers
- Yard Signs
Band Activity Fee
Band Activity Fee payments are now being collected. Following the payment schedule, there are two ways to pay:
1. Place your check made out to JET Band Boosters into a sealed envelope, labeled “Student Activity Fee”, with your student’s name. Have your student place the envelope in the safe in the band hall.
2. Access your Charms account to pay via credit card. Go to www.jetband.org, click ‘Charms’ option;
- The user code will already be entered, then ‘Enter Charms’ to put in your password. The password will be your child’s ID unless you/your child personally changed the password on the account. Password resets will not be available until August.
- Click the red $ icon at top or the Wallet Icon on the bottom. Your Child’s Misc Financial Ledger will be visible
- Scroll down and there will be an option to “Make a Misc. Payment”.
All current payments that have been made towards the activity fee are shown as posted to your student’s account. The corresponding charge for the activity fee will be posted after school starts. Please email Treasurer@jetband.org with any questions.
March-A-Thon is a huge community event and our largest, most fun fundraiser of the year. Our goal this year is to raise $28,000. To reach that overall goal, each student has an individual goal to contribute a minimum of $50 each in pledges or sponsorships. There are a variety of options to choose from to get this done:
- Individual Pledges – Students may use the Individual Pledge Form to record donations in any amount from friends and family with the goal of total donations surpassing $50.
- Individual Concert Sponsorships – Students may sell a concert/performance package for the band or color guard which includes a performance along the March-A-Thon route
- Corporate Sponsorships – Students or parents may reach out to businesses or corporations that may sponsor the JET Band and receive special recognition which varies based on the level of sponsorship
- Water Bottle Sales– Students may choose to purchase 10 water bottles and sell them for $10 each. If this option is chosen, the set of 10 water bottles may be purchased at Money Day for $100. Each student choosing this option will receive credit for $50 in donations.
- Online Donations – Share the link jetband.org/donate far and wide on social media! Donors should specify the name of the student that they are supporting in the comments section so that the student receives credit for that donation toward their $50 requirement.
Students will be awarded prizes based on top 10 donation totals, top 10 number of pledges, and sections with 100% participation. If the whole band reaches 100% participation, the whole band will have a water balloon battle after their performance at the Shaved Ice Showdown.
Pledge and sponsorship forms as well as the route map can be found here: jetband.org/marchathon
TAYLOR HOMECOMING IS SEPTEMBER 20 SO ORDER EARLY!
Sales start August 16th. Get 10% off when order is placed by August 27th!!
JET Band will be kicking off its Mum & Garter Sale on Friday, August 16th. This year we have new specialty backers and several new trinkets to choose from. All of these are on display in our mum cart which will be on display in both the Main Commons and 9th Grade Commons during lunch on a rotating basis. Come by to get more information, pick up an order form, and/or place your order! Completed order forms can be turned in WITH PAYMENT during lunch at the mum display or placed in the box marked “MUM ORDERS” in the front office.
The Online Image Gallery where you can view pictures of all the options is being updated and will be available soon.
For those new to Homecoming Mums & Garters, follow the link for more information: What in the World are Mums?
Questions? Email email@example.com
Find the following opportunities in the Helper Helper app. If you have signed up for a volunteer team, you will find additional opportunities in the app specifically for your team.
MARCH-A-THON. Several different volunteer opportunities ranging from chaperones and security to JET Fuel (lunch servers). If you will be a chaperone or security, please also sign up for the training session on August 15th!
FOOTBALL GAME CHAPERONES. Spots are available for each game this season, but they fill up quickly!
JET FUEL. Set up and serve game day meals to students.
MUMS. Lots of opportunities are available to help get us ready for custom mum sales, from home work to helping in the workshop on campus. Workdays are announced on the Facebook group regularly.
We now have new spirit wear options available through two new online shops. Items in these shops will be shipped directly to you rather than being ordered as part of a group. These shops will be available throughout the year and 5% of each sale will go to the JET Band Student Assistance Fund to help provide for those students who may have a need for help with meeting the expense of participating in band and guard. Generous alumni parents have offered matching funds for donations to the JET Band Assistance Fund. If you’d like to help, you can donate in any amount by check made out to JET Band Boosters, in an envelope labeled “JET Band Assistance Fund”, dropped into the band safe.
- August 6 – General Booster Meeting, 7pm
- August 7 – Spirit Night at Cane’s, 2pm to 9pm
- August 15 – March-A-Thon Volunteer Training, 7pm
- August 17 – March-A-Thon 2019!
- August 21. – Town Pep Rally, 6pm (Gear delivery in main commons after the pep rally)
- August 23 – Shaved Ice Showdown, 5pm
- August 30 – First football game @ Legacy vs. Atascocita
Click here to join the JET Band Booster Facebook page and to stay on top of all current and upcoming events.
JET Band Booster Organization