Message from Michael Ary, Director of Bands
Our 10th annual March-A-Thon was another huge success! Thank you to everyone involved in making it such a great day. The students were great, powered through the extreme heat, and made each and every performance a great one. The many, many adult volunteers were awesome all day long. From the chaperones keeping the kids safe all day, to the group of parents making sure we had plenty of cold water and snacks at each stop, to the parents that served lunch, and to those that were cheering the students on throughout the day. We could not have done it without your help. And a huge shout-out to Josie Hungerford for heading-up the whole event! If you didn’t get involved this year, next year you should join us – it truly takes the village to make the day happen. If you didn’t get a chance to donate or still have family and friends that would like to donate, we are still accepting donations.
As always, we have another busy week with the Meet the Mustangs Community Pep Rally Wednesday evening and our Shaved Ice Showdown family social/show reveal Friday night.
This week’s schedule:
- Monday 3:30-6:15
- Tuesday 3:30-6:15
- Wednesday – nothing right after school
- 5:30 warm-up for Community Pep Rally, done around 7:00.
- THS has decided to move the Pep Rally indoors due to the heat. We will only perform stand tunes like we do at a normal school pep rally.
- Thursday 3:30-6:15
- Friday 3:30-5:00, rehearsal wearing blue performance shirts & black performance shorts
- 5:00 break/eat a snack if you’d like/rest up for performances,
- 6:00 Welcome & announcements
- 6:15 perform Mustang Show (twice)
- 6:30 perform first movement of Empty Spaces (twice)
- 6:45 students are dismissed to eat and socialize
Both Wednesday and Friday’s performances will be in blue performance shirts and black performance shorts.
Please make plans to come out Friday evening and see what our students have been working on since July 23rd. We’ll premier both our Mustang spirit show featuring the music of the Beatles and the beginning of our “Empty Spaces” competition show. It’s a fun evening of great people, great performances, and some shaved ice!
Director of Bands
Message from Shakira Luna, Band Booster President
Thanks so much to everyone who participated in making our 10th annual MarchAThon a success! Particular thanks to Josie Hungerford, Jenny Singson, Nichele Adeogun, David & Christy Bailey, Amy Fowler, Alejandra Moreira, Melissa Crowder, Jim Cossette, Chris Abel, and Francyne & Will Kennedy. In all, we had over 100 volunteers contributing to make the day run smoothly for our students. Thank you so much for dedicating your time and energy!
Please continue to send in any remaining donations. Money can be turned in to the band safe (labeled with the student’s name), and donations can still be made online at jetband.org/donate.
Don’t forget, the band will celebrate with a water balloon fight at the Shaved Ice Showdown if we reach 100% participation with all students reaching their goal of $50 each. Prizes will also be given for top 10 donation totals, top 10 number of pledges, and sections with 100% participation.
Gear and spirit wear orders will be distributed in the band hall after the Community Pep Rally on Wednesday. Bring your cash to the Shaved Ice Showdown to purchase your own shaved ice for just $3 each. Flavors are listed below. All band and color guard members will receive a free shaved ice, courtesy of our drum major parents.
We still have a few committee chair/coordinator positions available for anyone who would like to step up to a greater level of involvement. Click here to see the updated 2019-20 JET Band Booster Board. Please contact me at email@example.com if you are interested or have questions!
- Project Popsicles
- Garage Sale
- Grocery Rebates
- Student Fundraising
- UIL/Region Band Volunteers
- Yard Signs
Band Activity Fee
Band Activity Fee payments are now being collected. Following the payment schedule, there are two ways to pay:
1. Place your check made out to JET Band Boosters into a sealed envelope, labeled “Student Activity Fee”, with your student’s name. Have your student place the envelope in the safe in the band hall.
2. Access your Charms account to pay via credit card. Go to www.jetband.org, click ‘Charms’ option;
- The user code will already be entered, then ‘Enter Charms’ to put in your password. The password will be your child’s ID unless you/your child personally changed the password on the account. Password resets will not be available until August.
- Click the red $ icon at top or the Wallet Icon on the bottom. Your Child’s Misc Financial Ledger will be visible
- Scroll down and there will be an option to “Make a Misc. Payment”.
All current payments that have been made towards the activity fee are shown as posted to your student’s account. The corresponding charge for the activity fee will be posted after school starts. Please email Treasurer@jetband.org with any questions.
TAYLOR HOMECOMING IS SEPTEMBER 20!
SO ORDER EARLY!
Get 10% off when order is placed by August 27th!!
This year, we have new specialty backers and several new trinkets to choose from. All of these are on display in our mum cart which will be on display in both the Main Commons and 9th Grade Commons during lunch on a rotating basis. Come by to get more information, pick up an order form, and/or place your order! Completed order forms can be turned in WITH PAYMENT during lunch at the mum display or placed in the box marked “MUM ORDERS” in the front office.
- Click here to download order forms and get more information.
- Click here to view the online image gallery.
- For those new to Homecoming Mums & Garters, follow the link for more information: What in the World are Mums?
Custom orders will be taken until September 12th, and picked up on September 19th. Ready-made mums and garters will be sold until September 19th or while supplies last.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear Bag Policy
Click here for the Katy ISD clear bag policy which will be in effect at football games this year. Bags are available to purchase with the T-Band logo in our online shop at shop.jetband.org To pay by cash or check, include payment in an envelope labeled with student’s name and quantity requested of sling bags or square stadium bags.
Bags, water bottles, and sunglasses will also be available for sale at the Shaved Ice Showdown.
Order JET Band Shirts
We now have new spirit wear options available through two new online shops. Items in these shops will be shipped directly to you rather than being ordered as part of a group. These shops will be available throughout the year and 5% of each sale will go to the JET Band Student Assistance Fund to help provide for those students who may have a need for help with meeting the expense of participating in band and guard. Generous alumni parents have offered matching funds for donations to the JET Band Assistance Fund. If you’d like to help, you can donate in any amount by check made out to JET Band Boosters, in an envelope labeled “JET Band Assistance Fund”, dropped into the band safe.
Gold Out on September 5th at the Berry Center
If you are planning to attend the September 5th football game at the Berry Center, please consider buying a tee shirt to help Gold Out the event to raise money to fight Pediatric Cancer. We will collect order forms in the band safe with money attached and deliver them as a group order. Please turn in forms by Friday, August 23rd so that we have time to get them turned in before the deadline. Click here for more information and here for the order form.
Find the following opportunities in the Helper Helper app. If you have signed up for a volunteer team, you will find additional opportunities in the app specifically for your team.
- Football Game Chaperones
- JET Fuel – Set up and serve game day meals to students
- Mums – Lots of opportunities are available to sell mums which requires no crafting skills and for mum making (no experience necessary, training is provided)
- August 21 – Community Pep Rally, 6pm
- Gear delivery in band hall after the pep rally
- August 23 – Shaved Ice Showdown at the football field, 6pm
- August 30 – First football game @ Legacy vs. Atascocita
- September 3 – General Booster Mtg, 7pm
- September 20 – Homecoming Day
Click here to join the JET Band Booster Facebook page and to stay on top of all current and upcoming events.
JET Band Booster Organization