Message from Michael Ary, Director of Bands
We are starting to solidify some details for Saturday’s game. We are having inspections and loading the trailer at 8am for our 9am departure. Once we arrive at McLane Stadium in Waco, the students will be served a bbq platter that includes 2 meats, 2 veggies, bread, cookies and a bottle of water. The game starts at 2:30. During halftime we’ll perform a few of the holiday tunes we intended to learn for the JET Jingle and then we’ll play some more pep tunes to keep the student section cheering for our Mustangs. After the game students will be able to choose a boxed meal of either a chicken wrap, an Italian sub, or a club sub plus chips, cookies, granola bar, fruit snack, and bottled water as we board the buses. We should be back here around 8pm.
Students should again bring their water jugs filled from home to have something to drink on the bus and with their meals. As meals will be provided before and after the game, there will not be a separate snack offered.
Tomorrow (Wednesday) night the Taylor High School Symphony Orchestra (which features many of our top band students) has our holiday concert starting at 7pm here in our PAC. The string orchestras will perform first and the symphony last.
Thursday night is our band holiday concert here in our PAC. Students from all 5 concert bands will be performing holiday and other music. We will start with the JV Band at 7pm and stack the bands one after another. Students will be wearing their formal concert attire that they are being fitted for this week after school. They can accessorize their concert dress with festival holiday attire.
JV students will need to be here at 6:30 to warm-up on stage. Cadet students need to be here at 6:45 to warm-up in the orchestra room. All other band students need to be in the PAC at 7pm.
Director of Bands
Message from Shakira Luna, Band Booster President
Please look for the bake sale and ornament sale in the lobby of the PAC during the winter concert on Thursday. The ornaments reflect the theme of this year’s marching show and are a wonderful annual tradition.
Taylor Mustangs Semifinals Game
Playoff Game Day Info
- Saturday, Dec. 14th @ 2:30 pm
- Gates open 90 mins before kick off
- McLane Stadium, Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- Taylor (Visitor) vs Westlake (Home)
- Fans GATE C on the east side of the stadium
- Media entrance West side of stadium
- Ticket Prices:
- All persons (ages 2 & up) must present a ticket for admission to McLane Stadium.
- Presale on THS Campus: Students – $6 / Adults – $10
- At the Gate: $15 ALL
- Passes Accepted (All Passes HOLDER ONLY): THSCA, TGCA, THSADA, 19-6A District Pass
- Passes must be redeemed for a ticket at the ticket office to the right of Gate C.
- Parking: Free (Parking lots open 4 hours prior to KO)
Transport to Waco
We are organizing transportation for parents to attend the football game on Saturday. The cost is $27 per person and does NOT include entry to the game. The bus will leave from Taylor at 11:30am and is expected to return at 10pm.
Payment is due on or before Saturday by check made payable to JET Band Boosters. If paying for more than one person, please list the names on the envelope or attach a note with the names of the passengers covered by the payment. We are limited to 55 passengers and will be opening up the space to some of the other parent groups on campus. First come, first served!
Other Game Day Information:
- RVs: RVs and other towable vehicles are not allow in the in the Stadium parking lot for high school games.
- TAILGATING: Tailgating is allowed in parking lots at McLane Stadium. Individuals may tailgate behind their vehicles as long as driveways and additional parking spots are not blocked.
- CAMERAS, TRIPODS & MONOPODS: Cameras with lenses 4” or smaller are permitted in McLane Stadium. Tripods, monopods & selfie sticks are not allowed into McLane Stadium.
- VIDEO CAMERAS: Video cameras are not permitted in McLane Stadium.
- WATER BOTTLES: Fans may bring clear, empty water bottles into McLane Stadium to fill at water fountains located around the 100 level concourses. Limit one per person & bottles may not exceed 1L in size. Glass containers and backpack-style hydration systems are not allowed.
JET Band Jingle Tour
Due to the continued success of our Mustangs, our JET Jingle Parade is postponed for now. Details will follow after the game this weekend.
Our annual mattress fundraiser will be held on Sunday, March 1, 2020. The parent meeting will be held on February 4, 2020. This is a major fundraiser for us which involves no donations and very little work other than raising awareness in the community that we are holding the sale. More details coming soon!
Reserve your copy of the band yearbook! Click here to order online and place personal ads. Or click here to download the order formand send your cash/check payment to the band hall. For questions or interest in helping with the yearbook, email Jenny Singson at email@example.com.
Spirit Stores and JET Band Assistance Fund
Missed out on the group spirit wear orders? Looking for something different and new? Check out these two online shops for more spirit wear and gear options! Items in these shops will be shipped directly to you rather than being ordered as part of a group. Cold weather gear including hats, jackets and an array of hoodies are available.
These shops will be available throughout the year and 5% of each sale will go to the JET Band Student Assistance Fund to help provide for those students who may have a need for help with meeting the expense of participating in band and guard.
Generous alumni parents have offered matching funds for donations to the JET Band Student Assistance Fund. If you’d like to help, you can donate in any amount by check made out to JET Band Boosters, in an envelope labeled “JET Band Assistance Fund”, and drop it into the band safe.
Please be aware that you can see the work of our tireless photographers at any time by visiting the Jet Band website. Photos are added each week. Visit www.jetband.org, click on “Resources”, from the drop down menu click on “Photos”, on the photos page click on “Shutterfly” and enter the password “JETBandstudents” and you are in. If you click on pictures, you will see each album by title, click on the title and you will have access to all the photos in that album. The direct link to the Shutterfly site is https://thetaylorhighschoolexperience.shutterfly.com/.
- Dec. 11 – THSSO Concert, 7pm @ PAC
- Dec. 12 – Holiday Concert, 7pm @ PAC
- Dec. 14 – Semifinals Playoffs vs. Westlake @ McLane Stadium, Waco
- Dec. 20 – Jazz Combo, 12:30pm @ Maud Marks Library
- March 1 – Mattress Fundraiser
Click here to join the JET Band Booster Facebook page and to stay on top of all current and upcoming events.
JET Band Booster Organization