Maybe you are new to JET Band and wonder how you can participate. Or maybe you’re a returning parent looking for something new. Either way, here’s a list of opportunities for you to participate in band activities. There are tasks you can help out on at the home and during weekends too, fit for full time working parents.
For any questions, contact our Booster President, Spencer Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homecoming Mum Making and Sales starting soon!
- JET Jingle: The holidays are coming soon and we are in the early stages of developing a NEW holiday event this year for the JET Band. The Boosters would appreciate your help in planning the first annual JET Band Jingle in the Park. During the holiday season, the JET Band will perform a selection of holiday songs at a neighborhood park to share an evening of holiday cheer with friends, family and the community. Date to be determined soon. We need your help to plan this event! If you are interested, contact Kristin Abel at email@example.com.
- Donations for First Aid Kit: Click here for the Sign-up Genius link.
- Popsicle Parents wanted to keep the kids cool during band practice
- All volunteers need to sign in for the Katy ISD Raptor System
Our sole purpose for fundraising is to support the Band and its ability to succeed. Without fundraising, the program would have no monies to participate at the level of our competition. Did you know we are one of the top 15 band programs in the state of Texas? There are approximately 244 6A high schools in Texas. To be one of the top 15 bands is a huge accomplishment!
To maintain this level of excellence we need every parent to consider volunteering for two opportunities. Below are sign-up tables that will be at the meeting on Monday. Please seriously consider supporting your child’s ambition.
- Color Guard Bake Sales – Janet Hattier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaperones – Christy and David Bailey, email@example.com
- Food Concessions for UIL and Region Band Tryouts – Francyne and Will Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crustacean Ball – Elizabeth Bucher, email@example.com
- Faculty Breakfast – Holly Estes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- JET Fuel – Francyne and Will Kennedy, email@example.com
- Judges Hospitality – Anne Wigger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garage Sale – Heidi and Brent O’Neill, email@example.com
- Loading Crew – Steve Wigger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- March-A-Thon – Marion Harris, email@example.com
- Marching Uniforms – Christine Gosnell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MUMS & Project Grad – Cindi Adams and Sharon Mitchell, email@example.com
- Tide Troopers – Karensa Murdick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UIL/Region-Band Volunteers – Megan Brzovskis, email@example.com
- Spirit Wear, new shirts, new hats, flags, stickers – Jenny and Jon Hicks, firstname.lastname@example.org