Welcome to the JET Band! It’s one of the largest organizations on the Taylor campus and is full of a great group of students and parents. You are probably wondering about several things regarding the band program, so here are some answers to common questions.
If you still need help not found here, contact our Freshman Mentoring Coordinator, Kela Sumrall at email@example.com.
This JET Band website (www.jetband.org) is the source for all Director, student and Booster information.
The weekly JET Band Blast is dedicated to Booster information. To get on the distribution list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school uses Charms Office for the Band Calendar and handouts for students. Go to http://www.charmsoffice.com, login as a parent, and enter the school code “jetaylorband”. The calendar can also be synced with your personal calendar.
Also, encourage your student to ask his/her section leader any questions. The leaders are here to help and guide new students.
Eat breakfast or bring it along with a water jug, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, tennis shoes, music and instrument. A Frog Togg is great for keeping you cool — available at Wal-Mart or Academy.
- THS Project Grad is serving nine (9) summer band camp lunches that can be purchased from their website. www.thsprojectgrad.com
Your Activity Fee includes Game Day Meals and Contest Meals. Please read carefully below:
- You will not need to pay separately for food this year, EXCEPT if you choose to have two sandwiches. If you’re child chooses to have extra at mealtime, it will be an additional $20 and you will purchase this with their Gear on Charms.
- NO Vegetarian option is available for Game Meals, they will only be provided for Contest Meals. Contest Meals are when the students are on the road during mealtime and cannot be provided by themselves.
- We are offering an OPT-OUT option for Game Meals. If you choose not to have us provide meals for your child for Game Days, you can take $100 off your Activity Fee Payment ($450 total). You must include an OPT-OUT form with your payment. Click here for the OPT-OUT Form.
- There will be no refunds during or after marching season for meals.
- ALLERGIES: Please fill out the Allergy form if you have food or laundry allergies. Click here for the Allergies and Restrictions Form.
- All gear is ordered on the Charms website. You will need to sign in to your child’s Charms account to order their gear. Payment can be done by check, cash or credit card. www.charmsoffice.com
- ALL students will need new gloves this year.
- NEW students, we recommend two of all clothing items unless you enjoy late night laundering.
- NEW students are required to have a Taylor Band water jug. Any water jug, including the Taylor Band jug can be used for practice, but the required water jug must be used for games.
- **Pre-owned gear is available for free, for more details, contact David and Christy Bailey at email@example.com to see if we have what you need.
- Activity Fee for School Year 2018-2019 is $550.
- The fee INCLUDES ALL Game and Contest Meals AND the overnight trip cost to BOA in San Antonio.
- Activity Fee without meals is $450.
- Payments can be made in full or part (half or quarter). Monthly payments begin June until Sept.
- You can bring your payment to the front desk of Taylor High School. There is a box for payments or you may mail it to: JET Band Boosters, 20700 Kingsland Blvd., Katy, TX 77450.
- Online payments via credit card can be made on the JET Band Shop Site (3% processing fee will be added). Click here to access the JET Band Shop Site.
Charms is where you find all pertinent information the band directors hand out and each student has an account to track money owed and/or credited.
- Any over payments, refunds, etc. are issued through credit on your child’s account unless otherwise requested. A credit on your child’s account can be used for ANY band related activity throughout the year, including fees, gear, Band Banquet, etc.
- Any under payments or unpaid fees, large or small, will be put on the ledger as well. It is important to check for debt so that it does not affect your child’s exemptions at the end of the year. Money not paid hurts the band program because the boosters are solely funded by band parents and not by KISD. If you need payment plans for the Activity Fee and Gear Forms. You will need to contact Mr. Ary directly to arrange one
- We will email monthly balances starting in September. If you are not getting statements, that means we do not have your correct email address. Please send it to us as soon as possible.
- For questions, contact our Treasurer, Sharon Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we have one fundraising option to offset activity expenses – by enrolling in the Scrip Card program. Click here for more details.
- Payments can be made online via credit card or PayPal here on the JET Band website. Click here to pay the Band Activity Fee.
- Checks should be paid to the “JET Band Boosters”. You can write one check if you need to pay for more than one fee or have multiple kids. As long as it is noted how it’s to be distributed, we will apply it accordingly.
- Payment for school-owned instruments ($80) is due before October 1st. Checks should be paid out to “Katy ISD”.
- All payments, forms, etc. are to be turned into the band safe. If you are new to the band, the band safe is next to the inside band room door, there is a drop box that the kids can easily put items into.
- ANY money going into the safe needs your student’s full name and what payment is for either on the memo line of the check or marked on the outside of the envelope.
- If you are paying cash, please indicate the amount you sent in, so if there is a discrepancy, we can work it out before it is deposited.
- We have envelopes on top of the safe, if needed. We collect for various events throughout the year and mystery money takes time to figure out. When in doubt of where to turn something in for band, put it in the safe, it will get to where it needs to go.
For questions, contact our Treasurer, Sharon Mitchell at email@example.com.
For games at the Rhodes Stadium or Legacy Stadium, tickets can be bought individually at each game at the gate or in the THS Commons, two days prior to the game at a discounted price (cash or check only). Season tickets cover all games at Rhodes and Legacy. For away games, tickets are available at the gate. Athletic passes are also available and cover all sporting events.
Pep rallies usually occur on Fridays at 10 or 2 in the main gym. Come early & grab a seat in the Commons to watch the band march from the band hall to the gym, then make your way to the gym. Sit high up in the bleachers on the west side with all of the other parents & wear your JET band shirt.
There are many volunteer activities available for parents and it’s a great way to develop friendships that can last for years and years.
- Click here to enter Charms, or alternatively:
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com.
- Login as a Parent/Student/Member.
- Enter the school code “JETaylorBand”
- Enter your child’s Student ID Number in the “Student Area Password” box.
- If this is your first visit you will also need to create a new password.
- To reset passwords, please contact the director Mr. Michael Ary.
- Your child’s balance can be found by clicking “Finances” (wallet icon) or the dollar sign “$” at the top of the page.
Other helpful tips
- During marching band season, put all accessories like socks, shorts, performance shirt, gloves, rain poncho & garment bag in the band duffel bag and keep it in the same location so students remember to bring it along with the water jug to school on game day.
- Percussionists – Make sure your student has ear plugs.