Welcome to the JET Band! It’s one of the largest organizations on the Taylor HS campus and is full of a great group of students and parents. You are probably wondering about several things regarding the band program, so here are some answers to common questions.
View the latest “New Members Information” presentation — useful for newcomers AND current members as well!
If you still need help not found here, contact Shakira Luna, Band Booster President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This JET Band website (www.jetband.org) is the source for all Director, student and Booster information.
- The weekly JET Band Booster Blast is dedicated to Booster information. To get on the distribution list, send an email to email@example.com.
- The school uses Charms Office for the Band Calendar and handouts for students. Go to http://www.charmsoffice.com, login as a parent, and enter the school code “jetaylorband”. The calendar can also be synced with your personal calendar.
- Click here to join the JET Band Booster Facebook page and to stay on top of all current and upcoming events.
- Click here to keep following the Taylor Band public Facebook page!
Also, encourage your student to ask his/her section leader any questions. The leaders are here to help and guide new students.
Eat breakfast or bring it along with a water jug, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, tennis shoes, music and instrument. A Frog Togg is great for keeping you cool — available at Wal-Mart or Academy.
Activity Fee for School Year 2020-21 is $650.
Charms is where you find all pertinent information the band directors hand out and each student has an account to track money owed and/or credited.
- Any over payments, refunds, etc. are issued through credit on your child’s account unless otherwise requested. A credit on your child’s account can be used for ANY band related activity throughout the year, including fees, gear, Band Banquet, etc.
- Any under payments or unpaid fees, large or small, will be put on the ledger as well. It is important to check for debt so that it does not affect your child’s exemptions at the end of the year. Money not paid hurts the band program because the boosters are solely funded by band parents and not by KISD. If you need payment plans for the Activity Fee and Gear Forms. You will need to contact Mr. Ary directly to arrange one
- We will email monthly balances starting in September. If you are not getting statements, that means we do not have your correct email address. Please send it to us as soon as possible.
- For questions, contact our Treasurer, Sharon Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, we have one fundraising option to offset activity expenses – by enrolling in the Scrip Card program. Click here for more details.
Band Activity Fee payments are now being collected. If we need to make adjustments to the fee based on canceled activities, those adjustments will be made to the last scheduled payment or two in September/October. All students are required to pay the activity fee, regardless of in-person or virtual class attendance.
Access your Charms account to pay via credit card. Go to www.jetband.org, click ‘Charms’ option;
- The user code will already be entered, then ‘Enter Charms’ to put in your password. The password will be your child’s ID unless you/your child personally changed the password on the account. Password resets will not be available until August.
- Click the red $ icon at top or the Wallet Icon on the bottom. Your Child’s Misc Financial Ledger will be visible
- Scroll down and there will be an option to “Make a Misc. Payment”.
Credit card charges will show as a credit in your ledger until the Activity Fee is officially billed in July/August on your child Charms account. You will not need to make a Transfer Request for Activity Fee. Transfer Money Requests can be used for any credits after Activity Fee is paid in full for any other band fees/purchases.
If you haven’t begun making payments, don’t worry. You can pay in full at any time before October 1st or catch up to the payment plan now. We ask that all students begin to make payments toward the activity fee as soon as possible so that funds are available for current expenses.
Please email Treasurer@jetband.org with any questions.
For games at the Rhodes Stadium or Legacy Stadium, tickets can be bought individually at each game at the gate or in the THS Commons, two days prior to the game at a discounted price (cash or check only). Season tickets cover all games at Rhodes and Legacy. For away games, tickets are available at the gate. Athletic passes are also available and cover all sporting events.
Pep rallies usually occur on Fridays at 10 or 2 in the main gym. Come early & grab a seat in the Commons to watch the band march from the band hall to the gym, then make your way to the gym. Sit high up in the bleachers on the west side with all of the other parents & wear your JET band shirt.
We are introducing a new way to communicate volunteer opportunities and track volunteer hours worked throughout the year. We will be using the Helper Helper platform which provides a website and mobile app for accessing opportunities and streamlines the signup process when volunteering.
We need each student and each parent to submit a separate formso that each person has their own access to Helper Helper and we can track volunteer hours individually.
If you are a committee chair, please be aware that the email and cell phone information collected on the form will be used to set up the email forward that is your official contact information for coordinating volunteer responsibilities.
To get started, we need each student and parent to click here to register. The link is easy to access and remember: tiny.cc/helpjetband
Should take just a few minutes. Please send any questions to email@example.com.
If you have already completed your registration form, check your email for directions to download the Helper Helper app. Your email should contain a temporary password that you will use to log in the first time.
- Click here to enter Charms, or alternatively:
- Go to www.charmsoffice.com.
- Login as a Parent/Student/Member.
- Enter the school code “JETaylorBand”
- Enter your child’s Student ID Number in the “Student Area Password” box.
- If this is your first visit you will also need to create a new password.
- To reset passwords, please contact the director Mr. Michael Ary.
- Your child’s balance can be found by clicking “Finances” (wallet icon) or the dollar sign “$” at the top of the page.
Other helpful tips
- During marching band season, put all accessories like socks, shorts, performance shirt, gloves, rain poncho & garment bag in the band duffel bag and keep it in the same location so students remember to bring it along with the water jug to school on game day.
- Percussionists – Make sure your student has ear plugs.