Message from Mike Ary, Director of Bands
Remember all band students must have a signed physical on file before they will be allowed to participate in marching band. Click here to download the Physicals Form.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
Looking forward to the Booster Meeting on Tuesday and then the Band Banquet on Friday! We will have yearbooks at the Band Banquet for sale!
Important Dates to remember
- May 6th – Spirit Night at Jimmy Changa’s
- May 7th – General Booster Meeting, Band Hall 7pm
- May 7th – Parent Band practice, Band Hall 8-9pm
- May 10th – Band Banquet at Legacy Stadium
- May 15th – THSSO Concert
- May 16th – Band Concert
- May 23rd – Last Day of School!
We look forward to celebrating with you all as we reflect on an amazing year of fun and accomplishments of the Taylor Band and Color Guard!
Friday, May 10, 2019
Legacy Stadium Community Room
1818 Katy Hockley Cut Off Rd., Katy, TX 77493
For next year, we are introducing a new way to communicate volunteer opportunities and track volunteer hours worked throughout the year. We will be using the Helper Helper platform which provides a website and mobile app for accessing opportunities and streamlines the signup process when volunteering. To get started, we need each student and parent to click here to register.
There are 3 steps:
- Select your class year team (Parent for each year that you have a student in or if a student, just the Student year that you are in)
- Choose your section (Parents choose each section that you have a child in)
- Select the volunteer opportunities that you are interested in (Choose as many as you would like, this is not a binding agreement, simply an indication of interest)
That’s it! Should take just a few minutes. Send any questions to Shakira Luna at email@example.com.
Seniors had their Concert Portraits taken by Piche Photography at the last concert. You can now access and order your photos here:
- Click here to access the site.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter ‘thsbandseniors2019’ for the session name.
- Retouching of pictures is included with any purchase.
Scrip Card orders
Scrip cards are available for order for Mother’s Day or Graduation. Final order will be placed on the May 13th. Orders usually arrive on the following Friday. Please email Amy Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Graduating Seniors Gear
If you have a graduating Senior and don’t know what to do with their band gear – donate it back to the Band! All incoming Freshmen and upper classmen will be in need of gear this next season. Just bring whatever gear you have and put in the donation box in the Band Hall. It will be much appreciated!
Deadline for reporting final hours will be the 20th of May. Please get all hours into Angie by then. email@example.com
Open Board Positions
- Program Ads – still open
There is an extremely cutting-edge summer program for STEM students that has been running in Houston for the last 2 years. The program is called ‘CODING FOR MEDICINE’ and is run by Manoj Samanta, from Seattle. The program has been in high demand in Seattle high schools and beyond for several years now. It is an amazing learning experience. Click here to view the flyer.
Let me know if anyone has any questions. Email me at President@jetband.org.
JET Band Booster Organization