Message from Mike Ary, Director of Bands:
Please join us Tuesday night at 7pm in the PAC for the 3rd Annual Spring Percussion concert featuring our percussion students grades 6-12 from Memorial Parkway JH, McMeans JH, and THS.
KISD will be offering physicals for $25 on May 1st at 5:30 in our Freshmen Gym. Remember all band students must have a signed physical on file before they will be allowed to participate in marching band. Click here to download the medical form.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
We still have extra band yearbooks still available for sale. Click here to print the order form and turn it in the Band Hall safe, to go online to order Click here to purchase your yearbook online.
Important Dates to remember
- April 30th – Parent Band practice, Orchestra Room 6-7pm
- April 30th – 3rd Annual Percussion Concert, PAC 7-9pm
- May 1st – Physicals available, Freshman Gym 5:30pm
- May 1st – Spirit Night at Raising Cane’s
- May 6th – Spirit Night at Jimmy Changa’s
- May 7th – Parent Band practice, Band Hall 8-9pm
- May 7th – General Booster Meeting, Band Hall 7pm
- May 10th – Band Banquet at Legacy Stadium
- May 15th – THSSO Concert
- May 16th – Band Concert
Last chance to order tickets today, Monday April 29th! Join us as we reflect on an amazing year of fun and accomplishments of the Taylor Band and Color Guard!
Friday, May 10, 2019
Legacy Stadium Community Room
1818 Katy Hockley Cut Off Rd., Katy, TX 77493
Tickets for a seat and dinner are $20 each for students, and $25 each for parents and guests.
- Click here to purchase your tickets online.
- Click here to register your names/guests and pay by cash/check or Charms account.
Spring Exam Holds
Spring Exam Holds will be issued on April 29th if you currently owe a balance on your Charms account. To access Charms, go to www.jetband.org and click the Charms tab. If you have never accessed Charms, use your child’s ID to log in. Any issues, contact email@example.com.
- If you are a Senior and have a credit on your account, please use them up for Band Banquet, yearbook, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any leftover credits will be considered a donation (thank you!). You can also transfer your credits to another student or incoming freshman. Please email email@example.com to do so.
- For cash/check payments, please drop them in the Band Hall safe addressed to the JET Band Treasurer.
- For credit card payment, use the “All Payments” button under “Shop & Pay” (https://shop.jetband.org) to pay the remaining balance of your order.
Seniors had their Concert Portraits taken by Piche Photography at the last concert. You can now access and order your photos here:
- Click here to access the site.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter ‘thsbandseniors2019’ for the session name.
- Retouching of pictures is included with any purchase.
Graduating Seniors Gear
If you have a graduating Senior and don’t know what to do with their band gear – donate it back to the Band! All incoming Freshmen and upper classmen will be in need of gear this next season. Just bring whatever gear you have and put in the donation box in the Band Hall. It will be much appreciated!
Scrip Cards order
Scrip cards are available for order for Teacher Appreciation, Mother’s Day, or Graduation. Please note orders will be placed on the following dates: April 29th and May 13th. Orders usually arrive on the following Friday. Please email Amy Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Francesca’s Garden Yoga
Yoga classes will be held at Francesca’s Garden in the Rick Rice Park every Wednesday at 9am. Rick Rice Park is located at 700 Mason Creek Trail across form the Mann Eye Center Building. All levels are welcome, no experience needed. Participants should be able to get up and down from the ground unassisted. Follow Janaki Yoga on Facebook for class information.
Classes are $5 and all monies will be donated to the JET Band!
Don’t forget to continue to send in your volunteer hours to Angie at email@example.com. A deadline for all hours is soon to come!
Band Shirts still available for purchase
Please follow the link on what shirts and sizes are available from state and past marching seasons. First come, first serve. Click here for a list of the available items and prices.
Open Board Positions
- Judges Hospitality – Naomi Williams – thanks for jumping in on this Naomi!
- Sustaining Members – Monica Shaughnessy – awesome Monica! We thank you!
- Program Ads – still open
There is an extremely cutting-edge summer program for STEM students that has been running in Houston for the last 2 years. The program is called ‘CODING FOR MEDICINE’ and is run by Manoj Samanta, from Seattle. The program has been in high demand in Seattle high schools and beyond for several years now. It is an amazing learning experience. Click here to view the flyer.
Let me know if anyone has any questions. Email me at President@jetband.org.
JET Band Booster Organization