Message from Mike Ary, Director of Bands
Congratulations to all our concert bands on their successes at UIL. All 4 make straight 1’s on stage. The top 3 made 1’s in Sight Reading and our 4th band made a 2 in Sight Reading!
2019-2020 Wind Audition material and info was released this past Thursday. The QR code to access is posted on the band hall whiteboard.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
Happy Easter everyone! I hope you had the opportunity to spend it with the family and soak in this great weather!
Important Dates to remember
- April 23rd – Parent Band practice, Band Hall 6-7pm
- April 30th – Parent Band practice, Band Hall 6-7pm
- April 30th – 3rd Annual Percussion Concert, PAC 7-9pm
- May 1st – Spirit Night at Raising Cane’s
- May 6th – Spirit Night at Jimmy Changa’s
- May 7th – Parent Band practice, Band Hall 6-7pm
- May 7th – General Booster Meeting, Band Hall 7pm
- May 10th – Band Banquet at Legacy Stadium
- May 15th – THSSO Concert
- May 16th – Band Concert
Spring Exam Holds
Spring Exam Holds will be issued on April 29th if you currently owe a balance on your Charms account. To access Charms, go to www.jetband.org and click the Charms tab. If you have never accessed Charms, use your child’s ID to log in. Any issues, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a Senior and have a credit on your account, please use them up for Band Banquet, yearbook, etc. Email email@example.com. Any leftover credits will be considered a donation (thank you!). You can also transfer your credits to another student or incoming freshman. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to do so.
- For cash/check payments, please drop them in the Band Hall safe addressed to the JET Band Treasurer.
- For credit card payment, use the “All Payments” button under “Shop & Pay” (https://shop.jetband.org) to pay the remaining balance of your order.
We are currently taking applications for Band scholarships. Mr. Ary has posted the application information at the front of the Band Hall. Deadline is April 29th at 2:35pm. Scholarship winners will receive anywhere from $500-750 to help towards their college education.
Seniors, you can access and order your portraits photo here:
- Click here to access the site.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter ‘thsbandseniors2019’ for the session name.
- Retouching of pictures is included with any purchase.
Color Guard Auditions
The Colorguard will be having Auditions this week for the 2019-2020 Marching Band season! Come join us and be a part of the award-winning James E. Taylor High School Colorguard. Click here for more information.C
- When: April 22-26
- Time: 4:30-7:00pm
- Where: JET Main Commons
** No experience needed
** Open to ALL 8th-11th Graders that will be attending THS
Join us as we reflect on an amazing year of fun and accomplishments of the Taylor Band and Color Guard!
Friday, May 10, 2019
Legacy Stadium Community Room
1818 Katy Hockley Cut Off Rd., Katy, TX 77493
Tickets are $20 each for students, and $25 each for parents and guests. Buy your tickets by Friday, April 26th.
- Click here to purchase your tickets online.
- Click here to register your names/guests and pay by cash/check or Charms account.
Band Banquet: Senior Pictures Needed
Seniors/Seniors’ Parents, please send a baby picture and a current picture of your senior to Jeanne Wheat at email@example.com. This will be used at the Band Banquet presentation. Pictures must be received by May 1st to be included in the show!
One more week for open enrollment to our Epic Parent Band! Next practice is Tuesday of this week at 6-7pm in the Band Hall. Come out and be a part of the fun! Email me to join at President@jetband.org. You can preview the music by following the link: Bass Clarinet | Clarinet | Flute | French Horn | Percussion | Trombone / Baritone / Bassoon | Trumpet | Tuba
Francesca’s Garden Yoga
Yoga classes will be held at Francesca’s Garden in the Rick Rice Park every Wednesday at 9am. Rick Rice Park is located at 700 Mason Creek Trail across form the Mann Eye Center Building. All levels are welcome, no experience needed. Participants should be able to get up and down from the ground unassisted. Follow Janaki Yoga on Facebook for class information.
Classes are $5 and all monies will be donated to the JET Band!
Scrip cards are available for order for Teacher Appreciation, Mother’s Day, or Graduation. Please note orders will be placed on the following dates: April 29th and May 13th. Orders usually arrive on the following Friday. Please email Amy Fowler (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Don’t forget to continue to send in your volunteer hours to Angie at email@example.com. A deadline for all hours is soon to come!
Band Shirts still available for purchase
Please follow the link on what shirts and sizes are available from state and past marching seasons. First come, first serve. Click here for a list of the available items and prices.
Open Board Positions
- Spirit Wear – Melissa Crowder, thank you for taking this over. We appreciate it!
- Judges Hospitality – still open
- Sustaining Members – still open
- Program Ads – still open
There is an extremely cutting-edge summer program for STEM students that has been running in Houston for the last 2 years. The program is called ‘CODING FOR MEDICINE’ and is run by Manoj Samanta, from Seattle. The program has been in high demand in Seattle high schools and beyond for several years now. It is an amazing learning experience. Click here to view the flyer.
I’m available for any questions. Email me at President@jetband.org.
JET Band Booster Organization