Message from Mike Ary, Director of Bands
This Saturday our Winter Guards kick off their competition season with their first shows at Morton Ranch HS. The Cadet guard performs at 9:42am, the JV guard at 2:35pm, and the Varsity guard at 5:04pm. Best of luck to these students this season.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
Congratulations to the students who made Region Band. I heard their concert on Saturday was AWESOME! Our kids wouldn’t have achieved that goal without the wonderful support of their parents.
Again, I can’t say enough about our great parents.
Important Dates to remember
- January 25th – Drumline Gig at McMeans JH, 2-4pm
- January 26th – Winter Color Guard competition at Morton Ranch HS
- January 28th – Band Concert with 8th graders
- January 29th – Picture day (information below)
- February 5th – General Booster Meeting, 7pm in the Band Hall
- February 17th – Garage Sale Drop-off, 3-5pm
- February 26th – Pre-UIL THSSO Concert
- March 3rd – Mattress Fundraiser
- March 11th-15th – Spring Break!
- March 24th – Garage Sale Drop-off, 3-5pm
- March 30th – Crustacean Ball
Band Concert with 8th Graders
During the band concert on Monday, January 28th the 8th graders for McMeans JH and Memorial Parkway JH will join the Wind Ensemble on stage for one piece. This is a great opportunity to welcome the students and families to the JET Band. We will have information available for the parents about the band program and band boosters. Please help us make them feel welcome and encourage them to be active in the band program next year!
There are often students who drop band when they move to high school. We want/need to keep as many as we can in the program to continue to build on our success from this last year. An important point that can get overlooked when making the decision to leave band is the need for a fine arts credit and a PE credit. Band can provide them with both of these credits – ½ a PE credit in the fall for marching and ½ a Fine Arts credit in the spring. So after two years of continuing their music education, they have these credits.
Some parents are concerned their student will be lost moving to such a big HS. The band students will help them make that transition and give them a group of friends to start the year.
I know I don’t need to sell the band program to you, but please remember we need to sell it to these new students and families for next year!
Marching Band picture packages
Picture Day: 1-29-2019, Tuesday. ALL Band and Color Guard students will be taking a headshot for the Composite and Yearbook in their marching/fall CG uniform.
Purchase is not required. Any orders, please bring your form the day of pictures or download the form from this link.
**If you would like full uniform poses, please let your child know to tell the photographer or make note on the order form. Full uniform poses, bring your marching shoes and gloves!
The composite photo (X & Y on the form) is the collection of headshots plus the directors for a full band photo and include each child’s name.
Order by 11:59 p.m. on the day of picture day!
**Please print your online receipt to the photographer for verification.
NEW! Band Yearbook!
Volunteers needed! If you are interested in helping design sections of our yearbook, please contact Sharon at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start planning and putting together the yearbook as soon as possible. If you do digital memory books or like to scrapbook, we would love to have your help!
More information on yearbook orders and ad space will be given in February.
Vintage Band Shirts still available for purchase
Please follow the link on what shirts and sizes are available from past marching seasons. First come, first serve. Click here for a list of the available items and prices. Email email@example.com to secure your order!
Coming up on March the 3rd the JET Band is pleased to host a one of a kind fundraising event. This event was VERY successful for us the first year we did it. We are excited to bring it back for the 2nd time for family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. to help support the JET Band. Follow the link for more information (Mattress Referral Flyer).
I am very excited about this fundraiser for many reasons:
- The kids do not have to sell anything!
- The kids do not have to collect money or be responsible for distribution!We will raise several thousand dollars in a one-day event!
- This costs us nothing!
- The company runs the event! (www.customfundraisingsolutions.com)
- The mattresses are brand name and priced up to 50% less than retail!
- The kids can earn “personal referral” incentives!
EACH student is responsible to:
- Find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale. (Did you realize 1 in 10 families buy a new mattress every year? – BE SURE TO TALK TO AT LEAST TEN FAMILIES!)
- Hand out your referral flyers to people you know.
- Print your name on the coupon at the bottom, so you get credit!
- Be at the school on Sunday, March 3, 2019 to help promote the event and have FUN!
- Sunday, March 3, 2019, JET – 20700 Kingsland Blvd. – 10AM-5PM.
- There will be Simmons, Beautyrest, Restonic and Malouf brand products on display.
- Twin from $199, Full from $249, Queen from $299, King /CA-King from $499.
- All sizes, all styles and name brand sets are available up to 50% below retail.
- There will be a showroom set up with 20+ displays and a team of experts to assist.
- Layaway & delivery are available.
Please help spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers! That’s all we ask from the parents, to get the word out to help make this another great fundraiser the JET Band!
Got any questions, let me know firstname.lastname@example.org.
JET Band Booster Organization