Message from Mike Ary, Director of Bands
Tonight is our JET Jingle Holiday concert starting at 7pm in our PAC. We’ll start with the JV band and stack the bands one after another.
- JV students need to be fully dressed on stage ready to warm-up and rehearse at 6pm. They’ll start the concert at 7 and then they’ll return to the audience after their performance.
- Cadet students need to be fully dressed in the orchestra room for warm-up at 6:30pm. They’ll take the stage right after the JV band and return to the audience after their performance.
- Concert students need to be fully dressed in the audience by 7pm, they’ll head to warm-up after the JV performance and return to the audience after their performance.
- Symphonic students need to be fully dressed in the audience by 7pm, they’ll head to warm-up after the Cadet performance and return to the audience after their performance.
- Wind Ensemble students need to be fully dressed in the audience by 7pm, they’ll head to warm-up after the Concert performance and return to the audience after their performance.
Auditions for 2nd Semester class placements begin tomorrow during band classes.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
I witnessed earlier this week the quiet work done by the marching uniform crew and all their volunteers. I’m so impressed by the diligent work done by these parents that often goes un-noticed, un-announced. Marching season is over but the work continues behind the scenes by these parents preparing the uniforms for storage. Thank you all for what YOU do!!
We have a busy week!
Important Dates to remember
- December 10th – JET Band Jingle in PAC at 7pm.
- December 12th – THSSO Concert in PAC at 7pm.
- December 15th – JET Band Jingle Tour 2-4pm in GreenTrails Subdivision
- December 15th – Bennett Booster Christmas Party 7pm, BYOB & Pot Luck (please RSVP).
- December 16th – Garage Sale Drop-off (Garage Sale details) 3-5pm.
- December 24th thru Jan 7th – Winter break!
- January 8th – General Booster Meeting 7pm.
- January 16th – Spirit Night at iRace, 6pm – 9pm >>Come support and don’t forget to mention JET Band!
- January 20th – Garage Sale Drop-off 3-5pm.
JET Band Jingle on the 10th in the PAC
Bring your checkbooks/cash to help support the JET Band with:
- Jingle Raffle: Special items will be available for a raffle. If you are interested in donating an item to the raffle, please e-mail Kristin Abel at email@example.com.
- Bake Sale & Ornaments: Winter Guard is hoping to help offset cost of the season with the annual Treat Table and Ornament sale. The items have been created/put together with care in the hopes that all will be a little hungry and nostalgic. Come and make a donation for a treat and then don’t forget to purchase this year’s ornament commemorating our marching show. Ornaments will range in price from $5-$10.
- If you would like to contribute or volunteer some time to help with the sales, please click here to sign up.
- Wreaths: We are excited to announce an awesome fundraiser coming from our very own Indoor Drumline’s upcoming season! We will be making holiday wreaths ready for purchase at our JET Band Jingle (in the PAC) AND our Holiday Jingle Tour (at Greentrails marching tour)! The wreaths will be Christmas whimsy themed, traditional Christmas, Golden Christmas, Taylor Themed and many more!! Come ready to support our Drumline and make your holidays bright with a wreath!!!
JET Band Jingle Tour
The Jingle Tour is this Saturday! Bring family, friends and neighbors to this fun event. Band steps off at 2pm and will finish around 4pm. Buy a concert to help support the band! Hot chocolate, snacks and pictures with Santa (bring your camera)!
- Jingle Tour Itinerary
- Purchase a Jingle Stop/Color Guard performance using this order/request form
- Link to route map
- Reminder to check the Sign-Up-Genius (2018 JET Band Jingle Tour Donations and Volunteers) to donate homemade or store bought treats.
- Get your holiday costume and/or ugly sweaters ready!
- Who can make the craziest decorated instrument?
- If you ordered a STATE shirt and haven’t picked it up yet, it’s probably in the Band Hall labeled with your name.
- Hoodies are in! They will be put in the bandhall for pickup in baggies.
Vintage Band Shirts available
Vintage Show shirts and T-Band shirts for sale. Click here for available shirts and prices – first come/first serve. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to order &/or put a check/cash in envelope with name, shirt, and size in the band safe.
New! Memory Book coming in Spring!
We are currently in the works of the JET BAND making its own Memory Book/Yearbook for our 2018-2019 season! It will be anywhere from 50-75 pages of all band and color guard students and events. More information will come out in the next couple months so please keep an eye out for it. We hope to have every band and color guard student in the book while highlighting all the events, concerts, and contests for the fall and spring semesters.
If you are interested in being part of putting the yearbook together, please contact Sharon Mitchell at email@example.com.
Coming up on March the 3rd the JET Band is pleased to host a one of a kind fundraising event. This event was VERY successful for us the first year we did it. We are excited to bring it back for the 2nd time for family, friends, and neighbors to help support the JET Band.
I am very excited about this fundraiser for many reasons:
- The kids do not have to sell anything!
- The kids do not have to collect money or be responsible for distribution!
- We will raise several thousand dollars in a one-day event!
- This costs us nothing!
- The company runs the event! (www.customfundraisingsolutions.com)
- The mattresses are brand name and priced up to 50% less than retail!
- The kids can earn “personal referral” incentives!
EACH student is responsible to:
- Find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale. (Did you realize 1 in 10 families buy a new mattress every year? – BE SURE TO TALK TO AT LEAST TEN FAMILIES!)
- Hand out your referral flyers to people you know.
- Print your name on the coupon at the bottom, so you get credit!
- Be at the school on Sunday, March 3, 2019 to help promote the event and have FUN!
- Sunday, March 3, 2019, JET – 20700 Kingsland Blvd. – 10AM-5PM.
- There will be Simmons, Beautyrest, Restonic and Malouf brand products on display.
- Twin from $199, Full from $249, Queen from $299, King /CA-King from $499.
- All sizes, all styles and name brand sets are available up to 50% below retail.
- There will be a showroom set up with 20+ displays and a team of experts to assist.
- Layaway & delivery are available.
Please help spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers! We want this to be another great fundraiser the JET Band!
See everyone tonight in the PAC!
JET Band Booster Organization