Message from Spencer Bennett, Band Booster President
Again, to restate what I said at our Booster meeting, I’d like to recognize the volunteers that give their everything for the band. Their tireless efforts have elevated them to Rock Star status and it does not go unnoticed!
- Chaperones – Christy and David Bailey and all the parents that helped keep our kids organized.
- Loading Crew – Steve Wigger and all his helpers that made the show happen behind the scenes.
- JET Fuel game day and contest – Francyne & Will Kennedy, Jenny Bennett and Amy Fowler – thank you for fueling our kids.
- Color Guard – Leslie Britton – thanks for all of your hard work.
- Concessions – Francyne Kennedy and Shakira Luna – for Region and Area UIL event concession coordination.
- Gear – Jay Reece – great organization for all the parts and pieces that make our kids look great!
- Photography – Alejandra Paez and your team of memory makers!
- Project Popsicles / Gates at UIL Regions / Blast distribution – Megan Brzovskis -thank you, thank you, thank you for all you’ve done to help.
- Spirit Wear – Jenny and Jon Hicks – thank you for the quick distribution of STATE shirts and all other JET Band wear that keeps us looking sharp.
- Tide Troopers – Kurensa Murdick – thank you to you and your team for keeping our uniforms clean and smelling good.
- Uniforms – Darcie Bane & Dian Holson and your team of distributing the uniforms in such an organized manner.
- Mums – Cindi Adams and Sharon Mitchell and all your mum-a-mia’s that helped churn out great looking mums for our students and proud parents.
- Website – Jenny Singson for keeping the website up to date with all current information and pictures.
- Freshman Parents – Kela Sumrall for continually communicating with our new freshmen parents all events and activities needed to stay up to speed with our fast moving marching season.
- Directors – Mike, Jon, Eric and Thomas – last but not least a huge thank you from all our parents for the level of excellence you teach and demand from our students. #HistoryEarned.
Important Dates to remember
- November 19th-23rd – Thanksgiving Break
- November 23rd – Football game vs Cy Creek (Itinerary)
- November 30th – Region Band Auditions @ Paetow HS
- December 10th – JET Band Jingle in PAC
- December 12th – THSSO Concert in PAC
- December 15th – JET Band Jingle Tour, 2-4pm in GreenTrails Subdivision
- December 15th – Bennett Booster Christmas Party 7pm, BYOB & Pot Luck (please RSVP)
- December 16th – Garage Sale Drop-off (Garage Sale details)
JET Band Jingle Tour
Just when you thought marching season was over, the JET Band and Color Guard has one more event!
The first ever JET Band Jingle Tour! The JET Band will march in Green Trails on Saturday, December 15th from 2:00 – 4:00 pm, ending with a holiday concert in Crescent Green Park, including refreshments and pictures with Santa! Follow this link to map and order/request form to donate to the JET Band by purchasing a Jingle Stop of holiday tunes and/or a Color Guard performance. Sign up for volunteers and donations coming soon.
Ugly sweaters unite and decorated instruments are a must!
JET Band Jingle raffle
Raffle items needed! In connection with the JET Jingle concert on December 10th, the JET Band Boosters will be holding a raffle to raise funds for the band and color guard. If you are interested in donating an item to the raffle, please e-mail Kristin Abel at email@example.com.
If you ordered a STATE shirt and haven’t picked it up yet, it’s probably in the Band Hall labeled with your name.
Also, hoodies are still available. Email Jenny Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org for ordering. I think Tuesday is the deadline.
Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to help with donations for our Project Grad basket! Your generosity is truly appreciated and will help us to create an amazing basket that will raise lots of money for Project Grad. Special thanks to Cindi Adams and Sharon Mitchell for creating a beautiful wreath for auction on behalf of the JET Band.
Concert Programs and Ads
Like Shakira mentioned at the Booster meeting, be thinking about placing an ad in the Concert Program for your student. More details to follow
Let me know if you have any questions about anything. I’m here for you! President@jetband.org.
JET Band Booster Organization