Message from Mike Ary, JET Band Director
This week we have rehearsals Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at our normal start times. Friday we have the afternoon/evening off. Follow the link to Saturday’s rehearsal and game itinerary (MR Itinerary). As mentioned in last week’s Blast, we will only rehearse 6 hours and 45 minutes between our three M/W/Th rehearsals so that we can get two hours (our last hour of the 8 hours plus the bonus hour warm-up/run-through rehearsal we are allowed on performance days) on Saturday.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, JET Band President
Friday night’s performance looked great! I’m sure I speak for every band parent that we look forward to seeing the full show after Saturday’s game! They are definitely making strides with “Dreams”!
Let’s get to the announcements:
- September 24th – Chipotle Spirit Night (Chipotle Flyer)
- September 25th – Region Jazz Auditions
- September 29th – Football Game vs. Morton Ranch at Legacy (MR Itinerary)
- October 2nd – General Booster Meeting
- October 5th – Football Game at Seven Lakes
- October 6th – BOA Conroe
- October 15th – Fuddrucker’s Spirit Night
- October 19th – Homecoming vs. Mayde Creek at Legacy
Support JET Colorguard!! Come in to the Chipotle at 1427 S. Mason Rd in Katy on Monday, September 24th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm. Bring in this flyer (Chipotle Flyer), show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting JET Colorguard to make sure that 33% of the proceeds will be donated to JET Colorguard. Who doesn’t want a burrito?
Don’t forget we have hundreds of photos online from all of our activities to date. Check them out at www.jetband.org. Click on resources, photos, Shutterfly, type in the password JETBandstudents (case sensitive). Click on any album you want to see or on the videos on the right hand side. Disclaimer: processing the photos and uploading them to the website takes some time, so expect to see event/game photos about a week after it occurs.
Recently there have been some junk/fraud emails being sent from an unknown source requesting booster invoices to be paid. Please know that the JET Booster organization does not send out invoices, especially to parents. We think it’s coming from an old booster list from years ago. Make sure you delete any suspicious emails that are generated from the old “jetbandbooster” address.
JET Band Mum Mania has begun!
There is still time to get 10% off when ordered by September 25th. Homecoming is on October 19th.
- JET Band Mum & Garter sales are important as it is our 2nd largest fundraiser. Along with a big fundraiser, we need your help making and selling mums. The more orders we are able to take, the more lucrative the fundraiser!
- Mum sales require no crafting knowledge and require only a few hours of your time out of the day. You will help the kids navigate the form, answer questions, and take payments. Don’t worry, we will give you the information you need.
- Follow the link to sign up for Mum Sales: Mum Sign-up.
Donations: If you have any ribbon to donate in ANY color, we would love to have it. We are in special need of gold, silver, royal blue and colors from other KISD schools. Please drop off any donations in or near the band hall safe, marked “mums” Thank you!
This year we have several new trinkets/accents, new upgrades, new Multi-School Mums/Garters & new pricing/forms! For those new to Homecoming Mums/Garters, follow the link to the information letter to understand the mass of fun ribbons and trinkets: https://jetband.org/2018files/WhatInTheWorldAreMums.pdf.
This new holiday event will be scheduled for December 15th from 3-5pm. We plan to have a holiday theme with marching through Green Trails subdivision and ending at the park with the band playing a few holiday songs, hot chocolate, candy canes, etc. While marching on the short route, concerts can be purchased and the band will stop and play a holiday song. We are thinking about having a “Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest”!
If you would like to help with this event, please email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JET Band Booster Organization