Message from Mike Ary, JET Band Director
Saturday night was a great night! The new uniforms look great. The first uniformed performance of the first 2/3’s of the contest show. Thank you to all the parents who volunteered their time and energy to make the night happen – JET Fuel, JET Ground Crew, chaperones, uniforms. We truly appreciate you.
This week we have Monday off, rehearsals Tues/Wed/Thurs, and another long drive to an away football game Friday night. Link to Itinerary
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, JET Band President
Hey everyone! What a great performance from our JET Band! 2/3rds of the show already looks awesome! Don’t we look sharp in our new uniforms?! Wow! Thanks to everyone for coming out and look forward to seeing everyone Friday night.
- September 14th – Football Game at Deer Park – Deer Park HS
- September 15th – Drumline Contest (at Seven Lakes HS)
- September 17th – MUM sales start
- September 21st – Football Game at Dickinson – Dickinson HS
- September 25th – Region Jazz Auditions
- September 29th – Football Game vs. Morton Ranch at Legacy
Spirit Wear Pick-Up
If you haven’t picked up your spirit wear, have your student pick it up in the band hall and bring it home to you. Show your spirit by wearing your new shirt!
Final Activity Fee is due this month. Please make arrangements to pay on the JET Band Website or cash/check payments can be put in an envelope and put in the band safe. Remember to put your students name and Activity Fee payment on the outside of the envelope.
This new holiday event will be scheduled for December 15th from 3-5pm. We plan to have a holiday theme with marching through Green Trails subdivision and ending at the park with the band playing a few holiday songs, hot chocolate, candy canes, etc. While marching on the short route, concerts can be purchased and the band will stop and play a holiday song. We are thinking about having a “Ugly Holiday Sweater Contest”!
If you would like to help with this event, please email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Night Chair
We are in need of a Spirit Night Chair. Spirit Nights are simple fundraisers that raise money for the band. We need someone to coordinate with local restaurants for 5-6 event nights where we simply raise money by going out to eat! This is an easy, one-person job that requires some phone calls and/or visits with managers to work out the details of dates, times & benefits. Please contact me for more information at email@example.com.
JET Band Mum Mania is about to begin!
Sales start September 17th. Get 10% off when ordered by September 25th. Homecoming is October 19th.
Volunteering Info: Mums
If you are interested in learning the mum/garter building basics or a refresher we have a couple teaching slots to help get you started:
- MUM Mixer on Thursday September 13th: We will run through the basics of making a single mum. You can order dinner, socialize, and learn.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disclaimer: Food/drink is at your expense.
- Place: Texas Mesquite on corner of Katy Frwy and Fry (they have a banner for new name), but that’s the place! Time: 6:30 PM.
- Beginner Week, September 18th – 20th: we will be making Pacesetter mums starting Tuesday at 9am- 2:30 PM. This will be a hands on session. Walk-ins Welcome! Come to the upstairs band area (yes, we have a 2nd floor). Take the elevator or stairs to the left in the practice hallway between the band and orchestra rooms. There will be a sign to direct you.
Please try to attend at least one of the sessions. Once sales increase, our time to teach becomes very limited and difficult. The mum room will always be manned by someone to help you. It is a great way to get connected with fellow band parents and have a fun time crafting. If you have not been placed on our volunteer list and would like to help, please email email@example.com.
- Sales: Follow the link to sign up for Mum Sales: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040d4dafa78-homecoming
This year we have several new trinkets/accents, new upgrades, new Multi-School Mums/Garters & new pricing/forms! For those new to Homecoming Mums/Garters, follow the link to the information letter to understand the mass of fun ribbons and trinkets. Follow the link: https://jetband.org/WhatInTheWorldAreMums.pdf
JET Band Mum & Garter sales are important as it is our 2nd largest fundraiser. Along with a big fundraiser, we need your help making and selling mums. The more orders we are able to take, the more lucrative the fundraiser!
- If you aren’t crafty, we really could use lots of help with sales during lunch hours and simply by promoting our fundraiser to neighbors, family and friends.
- Mum sales require no crafting knowledge and require only a few hours of your time out of the day. You will help the kids navigate the form, answer questions, and take payments. Don’t worry, we will give you the information you need.
There is still space available for ads. Large scale business logos are $2,000/year and smaller business logos are $1,000/year. If interested, reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can help answer any questions. I can supply an exhibit to show what the company logo would look like on the rear of the trailers.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I can be reached at email@example.com.
JET Band Booster Organization