Message from Mike Ary, JET Band Director
First and foremost, thank you to everyone involved in making the 9th annual March-A-Thon such a great day. The students were great, powered through the heat, and made each and every performance a great one. The many, many adult volunteers were awesome all day long. From the chaperones keeping the kids safe all day, to the group of parents making sure we had plenty of cold water and snacks at each stop, to the parents that served lunch, and to those that were cheering the students on throughout the day. We could not have done it without your help. And a huge shout-out to Marion Harris for heading-up the whole event!
As always, we have another busy week with the Meet the Mustangs Town Pep Rally Wednesday evening and our 3rd Annual Food Truck Fest Friday night.
This week’s schedule:
- Monday 3:30-6:00
- Tuesday 3:30-6:00
- Wednesday nothing right after school, warm-up at 5:15 for Community Pep Rally, done around 7:00
- Thursday 3:30-6:00
- Friday 3:30-5:00 rehearsal wearing blue performance shirts & black performance shorts, 5:00 break/eat a snack if you’d like/rest up for performances, 6:00 Welcome & announcements, 6:15 perform Mustang Show (twice), 6:30 perform first movement of Dreams (twice), 6:45 students are dismissed to eat and socialize at food trucks
Both Wednesday and Fridays performances will be in blue performance shirts and black performance shorts.
Please make plans to come out Friday evening and see what our students have been working on since July 24th. We’ll perform both our Mustang spirit show and the beginning of our “Dreams” competition show. It’s a fun evening of great food, great people, and great performances.
Most rehearsal days we do not start rehearsals until 3:30. This gives our students an opportunity to attend tutorials/work on homework/eat a snack and hydrate before our start time. We strongly encourage our students to make the most of this time.
Director of Bands
James E. Taylor High School
Message from Spencer Bennett, JET Band President
Wow! What a great March-A-Thon! We ended up with a total of 36 concerts! Students did such an AWESOME job! Parent volunteers were AMAZING! Thank you everyone for staying safe and hydrated!
- August 24th – Food Truck Fest
- August 31st – First Football Game at Atascocita
- September 3rd – Labor Day!
- September 4th – General Booster Meeting
- September 8th – Football Game vs Cy Spring
Food Truck Fest
Come out to the Taylor Football Field this Friday the 24th and watch the band perform the Mustang Show and a glimpse of our contest show “Dreams”. Prizes from the March-A-Thon pledges will be handed out and we will also have a raffle for door prizes. It starts at 5pm so come out and support the band and come hungry to eat at the Food Trucks after their performance. Great food, great band, great fun!
GARMENT AND TOTE BAGS
For those that have not submitted initials for garment and/or tote bags, the ABSOLUTE LAST DAY is MONDAY, AUGUST 20th. If no initials are submitted, just the initial of the first and last name will be used. Send initials to email@example.com.
For those that have ordered shoes but have not received them, it is because we do not have a size for your child. All sizes MUST be in by TUESDAY, AUGUST 21st by 5:00 pm. If we do not have your size by then, your child will not have marching shoes for the first game. Please send sizes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOTHES, GLOVES, AND WATER JUGS
For orders that were missing gloves, water jugs, and/or medium shirts, those items will be delivered on WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29th after the pep rally.
Mrs. Jay Reese will be in the band hall after practice on THURSDAY, AUGUST 23rd for any exchanges of gear.
This Wednesday the 22nd spirit wear will be handed out after the pep rally. Please plan on picking up your orders at that time or you can arrange for your student to bring home your order. Contact Jenny and Jon Hicks at email@example.com for any questions.
You can always order more spirit wear from our website at https://shop.jetband.org. I know a few Dad’s on Saturday wanted to get the new JET Band hat.
Yard signs order forms are still being collected. Deadline is August 31st. Reach out to Lisa Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org to order.
There is still space available for ads. Large scale business logos are $2,000/year and smaller business logos are $1,000/year. If interested, reach out to me at email@example.com and I can help answer any questions. I can also do a mock-up of what the company logo would look like on the rear of the trailers.
Dietary Restrictions/Food allergies/Detergent allergies
Dietary restriction/food allergy/detergent allergy forms are due as soon as possible for anyone with issues. This form can be found on the Charms calendar link under the File As and Handouts Tab at top or go to: https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/handoutsRF.asp?f=Forms
A great and easy way to support this fundraiser is to buy your mums from our wonderful mum team and encourage friends to purchase their mums through us. We will also need volunteers to help with mums. No crafting experience needed, only the will to help and the desire to make great friends. Everything is pre-made, you assemble the pieces together and put your personal touch on it. There are instructions and guidelines to assemble a mum. The more people we get to make mums, the more orders we can take and the more money we can make! Another way to help is distribution – help with calls, help with pickup after or during school hours. We will have a mum making class in early September. More information to come soon.
We had many, many volunteers on Saturday. Please don’t forget to email your hours to Angie Steinhauer who is our Points Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget you can offset your students activity fee by opting into the scrip card program! Contact Amy Fowler at email@example.com for any questions.
JET Band Pledge
Please visit our JET Band Pledge link that we’ve created and we hope to make it viral! Check it out at JET Band Pledge. This is all in effort to lower our band activity fee moving forward, help purchase new instruments and equipment, enhance our music program, transportation to and from football games and competitions, and, as always, encourage our band students to perform their best while having a great time. Everyone, please share the link with your family, friends and neighbors.
We also have a QR code that we will be placing around band events. Use your phone to quickly launch to the JET Band Pledge form.
- Marion Harris hit it out of the park again this year with the March-A-Thon! I’m sure I speak for all the parents and students, thank you so much for your commitment to our largest fundraiser! We truly appreciate your hard work to make it so successful!
- Our Band Directors. Thank you for your commitment to our students and supporting this AWESOME fundraiser.
- Loading crew was such a huge support! Setting up and taking down tables and ice water at the beginning and end of every route was tremendous. The spray misters were a big hit! We appreciate your help!
- Chaperones, we’re again keeping everyone safe, hydrated and accounted for. Thank you for taking care of our band students!
- To our volunteer parents, thank you so much for helping make this year’s March-A-Thon a huge success! Thank you March-A-Thon team for the many hours of preparation, phone calls, meetings, coordination of food/snacks/drinks etc.
- Tiffany Gettleman for her selfless act of offering a water stop for our students in Pattison. That was perfect timing as it was the hottest part of our route!
If you have ANY questions, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you.
JET Band Booster Organization