Message from Spencer Bennett, JET Band President
This is a Special Blast devoted to everything you need to know for our JET Band Kick-off Meeting this Monday night in the COMMONS. Let’s get right to it!
The meeting on Monday, July 23 will begin at 7pm. This a mandatory meeting so please be sure to attend.
Before the meeting, please review the following announcements:
- JET Band Booster meeting for the 2018 marching season: July 23rd, 7pm at the Main Commons.
- March-a-Thon is August 18th. The map and pledge forms are on the website (click here) soon so you can schedule your concerts. Please start spreading the word about MAT (friends, family, neighbors).
- JET Band Food Truck Fest is set for Friday, August 24th
Summer lunch orders are due the 22nd (tomorrow!). Lunches are $10 each. Go to www.thsprojectgrad.com for more information on what each meal includes. Website is fixed for Apple iPhone users. You only have to pay for the days you want lunch. If you choose to break up the lunches and only pay for certain days, then there are weekly deadlines. First week lunches are due tomorrow like stated above. Lunch orders for the following week, July 30th thru Monday August 6th are due Friday July 27th. If no payment is given, lunch will not be delivered to your child. They are able to offer Veggie and Gluten Free options for certain days, please check each day. Payment can be put in the band safe. PayPal option available on Project Grad website. Checks payable to “THS Project Grad”.
Just to be clear, buying a lunch for your child is optional, however, to guarantee your child is being fed through these hot days, there are only two options:
- Buy the lunches through Project Grad.
- Make sure your band student packs a lunch and drink everyday
If you have any questions please contact Sharon Mitchell at email@example.com.
JET Band Raptor Information and Chaperone/Loading Crew/General Volunteer Sign-Up
Attention all parents:
When you sign up to volunteer during the 2018-19 school year, you must submit your driver’s license information for the Katy ISD Raptor System. Please click here to provide your details before volunteering.
Our sole purpose for fundraising is to support the Band and its ability to succeed. Without fundraising, the program would have no monies to participate at the level of our competition. Did you know we are one of the top 15 band programs in the state of Texas? There are approximately (244) 6A high schools in Texas. To be one of the top 15 bands is a huge accomplishment!
To maintain this level of excellence we need every parent to consider volunteering for two opportunities. Below are sign-up tables that will be at the meeting on Monday. Please seriously consider supporting your child’s ambition.
- Color Guard Bake Sales – Janet Hattier, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chaperones & water jugs – Christy and David Bailey, email@example.com
- Food Concessions for UIL and Region Band Tryouts – Francyne and Will Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Crustacean Ball – Elizabeth Bucher, email@example.com
- Faculty Breakfast – Holly Estes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- JET Fuel – Francyne and Will Kennedy, email@example.com
- Judges Hospitality – Anne Wigger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garage Sale – Heidi and Brent O’Neill, email@example.com
- Loading Crew – Steve Wigger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- March-A-Thon – Marion Harris, email@example.com
- Marching Uniforms – Christine Gosnell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- MUMS & Project Grad – Cindi Adams and Sharon Mitchell, email@example.com
- Tide Troopers – Karensa Murdick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UIL/Region-Band Volunteers – Megan Brzovskis, email@example.com
- Spirit Wear, new shirts, new hats, flags, stickers – Jenny and Jon Hicks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Water jugs will be available for purchase Monday night. The cost of a water jug is $12. All band students must have a JET Band water jug for marching season.
Gear will be available to purchase online this Thursday through Charms. There will be NO paper forms this year.
You can access Charms at www.charmsoffice.com, enter the school code “jetaylorband”, then enter your child’s password. Every upperclassman should know their password. If you need it reset, you will need to contact Mr. Ary. FRESHMAN & NEW STUDENTS, your password will be your student ID. Once in the system, you can reset your password. Make a password that both you and your child will remember.
If you need a payment plan for gear or cannot gain access to Charms, please contact Mr. Ary or email@example.com.
At the top you will see a shopping cart “My Store”. At check out, you will have the option to pay via credit card (Affinipay) or “bill” to pay with cash or check written to “JET Band Boosters”. Please place payments in the safe with your child’s full name and “gear” on memo line or envelope.
The Deadline to order gear to get items before March-A-Thon is August 8th. Delivery will be August 17th after practice.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Remember: You can get free pre-used gear! Contact email@example.com to see what is available.
I look forward to seeing everyone Monday night and, as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
JET Band Booster Organization