Hi all! It is almost here! Our shifts at the Fireworks building begin this weekend! Address to Galaxy Fireworks is 21311 Katy Freeway.
Thanks to all of you who were able to attend the volunteer meeting on Saturday, it was a great turnout!
Below are the highlights of the meeting:
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift. Carpooling is recommended, and parking at the back of the building is preferred, especially on the 3rd and 4th of July. If you are being picked up at the end of your shift, make sure your ride arrives right on time.
- Dress code: You will be required to wear your fireworks t-shirt. If you did not get one, you can get one when you arrive for your shift (be early!). Shirt MUST BE TUCKED IN! No short shorts, no flip flops, neat hair and beards. No ball caps.
- There is a break area where you can leave food and drink, and the food and drink must stay in the break area, not on the sales floor. You cannot leave during your shift to get food, so be sure to bring what you want, or have it delivered.
- If you find that you cannot work your assigned shift, you are responsible for finding a replacement. We will be charged an hourly rate for unfilled shifts, and we don’t want that!
- Even though this is volunteer work, it is expected by management of the building and by the JET Band Boosters that behavior, appearance and customer service is top-notch!
- Details of your individual stations will be provided when you arrive.
- We will have a sign-in sheet to log volunteer hours.
Everyone, please keep signing up for shifts, and asking your parents, as well. If you missed the training session, no worries! Just go ahead and sign up and we will train you when you arrive.
We are still very short of ADULT volunteers, and the adults are needed! Remember, we need every band student and at least one parent to participate.
Keep checking the website jetband.org for any and all information.
JET Band Booster Organization